Have y’all ever heard of Salba Smart? Salba Smart sells organic, non GMO Gluten-free Salba Seed. This is a wonderful, dare I say super food. I say this because Salba Seed is so incredibly packed full of nutrients it’s amazing. Just look at this info I found on their site.
Salba Chia Anatomy
- 325% more fiber than oatmeal
- 800% more Omega-3 (ALA) than salmon (EPA/DHA)
- 30% more antioxidants than blueberries (based on ORAC values)
- 1500% more magnesium than broccoli
- 200% more potassium than bananas
Salba Chia Vital Nutrients
Traditionally, getting all the vitamins and minerals needed for a balanced diet can be complicated. The small and mighty Salba chia seeds include many of the essential vitamins and minerals needed for a diet centered around health and whole nutrition without ever having to take a pill. Salba chia is loaded with the following:
Omega-3s-A serving of Salba chia is packed with 3,425mg of Omega-3 (ALA). This essential fatty acid is used by the body to form cell walls and contributes to improved circulation and cell function.
Fiber-Salba chia contains 5.1g of dietary fiber per serving. Fiber supports healthy digestion and increases satiety, helping to ward of cravings and sugar crashes.
Calcium-Each serving of Salba chia has 115.5mg of calcium, an essential mineral important for bone health.
Magnesium-Salba chia has 57mg of magnesium, needed to maintain muscle and nerve function and immune support.
Other Nutrients-Salba chia also contains naturally occurring Vitamin A, Biotin, Niacin, Protein, Copper, Riboflavin, Foliate, Vitamin C, Thiamine, Molybdenum, Zinc and Pantothnate.
Salba Seeds: Whole Seeds
Now that is just plain incredible. Wondering what to do with Salba? It is super versatile. You can add it to most anything…cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, soup, sandwiches, salads, smoothies, baked goods etc… Want to check out some great recipes. Click here. Salba Smart sells both Whole Seed and Ground Forms of their fantastic Salba. And Here are some of the other great products available from Salba Smart.
Salba Smart Baked Potato Crisps
These are some of the best tasting potato chips I have ever had. I love that they are baked and packed full of nutrients. Great for you and great flavor, who can ask for more.
Delicious Blue Corn taste. Crispy and wonderful for ya. Love the color too.
Salba Smart Organic Salsa: Medium
Really a quite delicious salsa. Pretty darn good for coming from a jar. And remember I am from Texas so I know salsa. Has a bit of toasty flavor that I assume is the Salba Chia.
If you are going to eat chips and salsa, why not make it count. This delicious salsa contains the same healthy nutrients as it has included Salba in the list of healthy ingredients. I love this salsa
Ready to buy? Head on over to Salba Smart and get ya some of these nutritious products.
The generous folks at Salba Smart have offered to give one lucky Texas Kitchen reader a mixed box of Salba products.
To enter FIRST YOU MUST LIKE TEXAS KITCHEN ON FACEBOOK. Like Salba on Facebook Then come back here and leave a comment about what you did.
1. Follow Texas Kitchen on TwitterTweet about this giveaway, leave link to tweet in comment (you may do daily) use Hash tag #TexasKitchen
2. Sign up for Texas Kitchen Newsletter (Once per sweeps)
3. Add the Texas Kitchen Button to your site (Once per sweeps)
4. Enter any or all of my other current sweepstakes (Once per sweeps-total–in other words if you enter one or 15 others it is one entry)
5. Subscribe to my RSS feed (Once per sweeps)
6. Vote for Texas Kitchen on Picket Fence Blogs (button on sidebar – you may do daily)
7. Vote for Texas Kitchen on Top Mommy Blogs (button on sidebar – you may do daily)
8. Follow me on Pinterest (Once per sweeps)
9. Share link to this giveaway on your Facebook page, (Once per sweeps)
10. Give Texas Kitchen a “Boost” clicking on the Blog Nation badge displayed in the. (Once per sweeps)
You may only win a prize once a month on Texas Kitchen. As Always be sure to leave a separate comment on this giveaway page for each thing you did.
Giveaway ends July 2, 2012 @11:59PM PST. US only. Winner will be picked via Random.org. If your profile page does not show your email address, please include your email address in your comment. You may post e-mail as: username at domain dot com for security reasons. Winners will be notified by e-mail Please respond within 48 hours, or a new winner will be chosen.
I was not a paid for my opinion; however I may have been given a free product for review. Thanks to all of my sponsors and their parent companies for their support in this giveaway.
Giveaway Closed Winner kelly nicholson