Gumballs.com sent over one of their original Petite Carousel Mini Gumball machines for review. They were also kind enough to send some gumballs and candy for filling the machine. First I want to tell y’all about the Petite Carousel Mini Gumball Machine itself. I was expecting one of those cheap models from your local discount store. But, No. This baby is made well, great quality construction. Cast iron and glass. It’s heavier than I expected. All of the parts are solid. No cheapy plastic parts. I love that you can use it as a bank for the kiddos or you can set it up for free dispensing. This is easily done and instructions are included.
Since the machines do not come pre-filled, I also was able to sample some of the candies and gumballs available from Gumballs.com. They sent over a 54 ounce bag of Skittles. This is a huge bag of Skittles y’all. They came in fresh. No old, dried out candy, just chewy fruit flavored deliciousness. They also sent me a generous bag of Carousel Gumball Refills. When I opened the bag I was brought back to my childhood. The flavor of old fashioned penny gumballs filled my nose. They taste awesome. Flavor lasts a long time.
Check out the product description from their website:
The original Petite Carousel Mini Gumball Machine is a mini version of the classic gumball machine that set the standard for bubble gum machines when they were first introduced in the 1920’s – almost 90 years ago. This brand new mini antique gumball machine is guaranteed authentic made by Carousel/Ford Gum Machine. Don’t settle for cheap imitations!
At 9” tall, this cute little gumball machine is perfect for kids, home, office or dorm room use because it can easily fit on a desk or countertop. It’s also a very popular wedding favor gumball machine used for center-pieces or candy bar accents. Kids love it because it’s a mini gumball machine bank that helps teach how to save money. Kids of all ages love to put a coin in and guess which color they’ll get!
Petite Carousel Mini Gumball Machine Features:
• Real glass gumball machine globe
• Cast metal gumball machine base, lid, and coin mechanism
• Accepts any coins (quarters, dimes, nickels, pennies)
• Includes instructions for “free spin” to work without coins
• Works as a gumball bank – retrieve coins when full
• Anti-spill gumball chute door cover
• Machine comes fully assembled in a gift box
• Dispenses small gumballs (.62″ or smaller), candy, or nuts
• Gumball capacity: 13 oz. of .62″ gumballs
• Dimensions: 9″H x 5”W
• Weight: 2 lbs.
• Color: Classic red finish
• 30-day money back guarantee
Don’t forget the Gumballs! This machine does not include gumballs. But if you add gumballs from the drop-down menu above, you’ll pay no additional shipping cost for the gumballs! Choose regular or sugar free Carousel-brand assorted gumballs, guaranteed fresh!
Gumballs.com sells all sorts of vending machines:
|Toy Vending Machines|
|Vending Rack Combos|
|Beaver Vending Machines|
|Coin Vortex Funnel|
|Custom Gumballs & Gumball Machines|
|Stands & Racks|
|Parts, Locks & Keys|
Want to keep up with all things Gumballs.com ? You can like em on Facebook and follow em on Twitter.
Ready to buy? Head on over to Gumballs.com and get ya some of these fun products
The generous folks at Gumballs.com have offered to give one lucky Texas Kitchen reader a Petite Carousel Gumball Machine of their very own.
To enter FIRST YOU MUST LIKE TEXAS KITCHEN ON FACEBOOK. Then visit Gumballs.com and come back here and leave a comment about your favorite item..
If you want extra entries you may:
(one entry per action unless otherwise stated)
1. Follow Texas Kitchen on Twitter
2. Tweet about this giveaway, leave link to tweet in comment (you may do daily)
3. Vote for Texas Kitchen on Picket Fence Blogs (button on sidebar – you may do daily)
4. Vote for Texas Kitchen on Top Mommy Blogs (button on sidebar – you may do daily)
5. Add the Texas Kitchen Button to your site
6. Enter any or all of my other sweepstakes
7. Follow me on Networked Blogs (on sidebar)
8. Subscribe to my RSS feed
9. Like Texas Kitchen on Facebook
10. Friend me on Facebook
11. Post about this giveaway on your Facebook page
12. Sign up for Texas Kitchen Newsletter
You may only win a prize once a month on Texas Kitchen.
Giveaway ends Dec.2, 2011 @11:59PM PST. US only. Winner will be picked via Random.org. If your profile page does not show your email address, please include your email address in your comment. You may post e-mail as: username at domain dot com for security reasons. Winners will be notified by e-mail Please respond within 48 hours, or a new winner will be chosen.
I was not a paid for my opinion; however I may have been given a free product for review. Thanks to all of my sponsors and their parent companies for their support in this giveaway.
Giveaway Closed Winner Marcia Goss