So many great recipes and ideas for planning the perfect get-together. Just imagine how much more fun you can have at your gathering without having to fuss over the food. Triple Slow Cooker Entertaining has it all mapped out. Over 100 recipes plus 30 party plans for everything from baby showers to game night. Let’s face it triple slow cooker buffets are a super easy way to entertain and let everyone get what they want on their plate. The host or hostess will especially enjoy finally getting time to enjoy their own party. Appetizers, Main Courses, Soups and Deserts fill the pages. Just reading the recipes makes my mouth water. I love how the measurements are in English and Metric for each recipe.
Stress-free party planning — the slow cooker does the work for you!
Let’s have a party! In the past, those simple words might have invoked anxiety, but no more! Thanks to the innovative triple slow cookers now available — one slow cooker with three stoneware vessels — throwing a terrific party just got much easier.
What buffet table is complete without a slow cooker full of meatballs, dip, chili or another tasty dish? With triple slow cookers, you can offer a greater variety of these delicious, hot, slow-cooked foods. The recipes have been created by the team behind the bestselling BabycakesTM cookbooks and are guaranteed crowd-pleasers. There’s a menu for virtually every occasion, from New Year’s Eve to a child’s birthday party to Halloween to Oscar night. This is truly an invaluable resource, whether you’re a veteran party planner or hosting an event for the first time.
Kathy Moore & Roxanne Wyss are leading experts in small appliances and the authors of five cookbooks. Their food consulting firm develops recipes, tests products and generally sets the standard for innovative recipes and food information
Makes 40 to 42 meatballs
The name for these meatballs comes from the sauce’s smoky-sweet flavor, which is thanks to the bacon and roasted vegetables.
For larger, entrée-sized meatballs, shape the
beef mixture into 2-inch
(4 cm) balls.
Browning the meatballs in the bacon drippings accents the smoky flavor, but feel free to bake them in a 425°F (220°C) oven instead. Arrange meatballs on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
Make sure the meatballs are fully cooked (no longer pink inside) before placing them in the slow cooker stoneware and adding the sauce. Otherwise, they will fall apart easily.
• Food processor or blender
Nonstick baking spray
2 lbs lean ground beef 1 kg
1⁄2 cup dry bread crumbs with Italian 125 mL
1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion 60 mL
1 tsp garlic salt 5 mL
2 large eggs, beaten 2
Freshly ground black pepper
4 slices bacon 4
Vegetable oil (if needed)
1 can (14 oz/398 mL) fire-roasted 1
diced tomatoes (or regular diced
tomatoes), with juice
1⁄3 cup drained roasted red bell peppers 75 mL
2 tsp chili powder 10 mL
1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce 60 mL
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce 5 mL
1 Green Onion, finely chopped 1
1. Spray one slow cooker stoneware with baking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, onion, garlic salt and eggs. Season with pepper. Form into 11⁄2‑inch (4 cm) balls and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Reserve drippings in skillet.
4. Return skillet to medium heat. Working in batches, cook meatballs, turning to brown evenly, for 6 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink inside, adding oil and adjusting heat as necessary between batches. Using tongs, carefully transfer meatballs to prepared stoneware.
5. In food processor, combine tomatoes with juice, roasted peppers, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste, barbecue sauce and Worcestershire sauce; purée until smooth. Pour sauce over meatballs. Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top.
6. Cover and cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours or on High for 1 to 11⁄2 hours, until meatballs are hot and sauce is bubbly. Turn to Warm for serving. Sprinkle with green onion just before serving.
Doesn’t that sound delicious? If ya want the other two recipes for this “Game Night” trio you are just going to have to buy the book.
Want to keep up with all things Robert Rose? You can like em on Facebook and follow em on Twitter. Sign-up for their newsletter and get tasty recipes and valuable cooking tips delivered to your inbox!
Ready to buy? Head on over to Robert Rose and get a copy of Triple Slow Cooker Entertaining or some of their other great books. I was sent a copy of the cookbook for review. The opinions are my own