Ok. Here is the question. If you want to eat healthy what do you do when you have to go to work? We all know eating out in most restaurants isn’t really healthy. So, the answer is take your lunch. Right? I have several issues with this.
1. Really who wants to take a brown paper bag on public transportation?
2.Even if you drive yourself to work let’s face it there are only so many ways to get creative with food that you can put in baggies.
3.The baggies themselves are bad for the environment. Work 5 days a week for 52 weeks a year and use one baggie a day. Alright let’s do the math 52 weeks x 5 days a week adds up to 260 baggies a year. And you are just one person.
Y’all get the picture. So what we need is a great hard side lunchbox that doesn’t have a cartoon character on it. Reuseit.com has a great answer to this dilemma. These guys sell so many great lunch boxes you are sure to find one to suit your needs. And get this y’all if you really are stuck in the baggie world. Reuseit.com even sells reusable baggies. Woohoo. No more throwing away 260 or more baggies a year. Yeah Environment. They even have reusable take out containers, utensils and more.
I was sent a great Bento style lunchbox for review. I love this thing. The lid has a latch so your food won’t fall out. It is quite durable. You can even microwave in it. The coolest thing about this lunch box is the removable trays inside. This is perfect for keeping your sandwich half out of your coleslaw, your fruit out of your pasta. Or whatever lunch combo you come up with. Just imagine the possibilities.I love this box.
Here is the product description from the sponsor.
The Box Appetit by Black + Blum is no ordinary lunch box, with its removable nesting container that separates different foods in your meal, leftovers can look expertly plated and even more appetizing – no more wasted food. The lidded and microwavable nesting container, allows you to split different foods – enjoy one dish hot but your other cold. Its unique design, deep tray, saucepot and nesting container make it easy to enjoy any meal on-the-go.
Why It Gets Our Seal of Approval
- Eco-friendly – pack a lunch with no baggies, wraps, or disposable packaging
- Sturdy design – large container with water tight seal lid
- Glass-like lid doubles as a plate and dipping sauce tray
- Durable fork with a deep curve for scooping and an angled edge for cutting
- Microwavable and removable inner food container
- Added clip on lid to hold fork (or your own chopsticks)
- Lidded sauce pot perfect for dressings and condiments
- Use this one box as a doggie bag and won’t have to juggle different plastic containers
- BPA free
- Microwavable and dishwasher safe
- This larger bento-style lunch box is the perfect for those looking for heartier, yet healthy, portions. Removable containers divide the space inside the box to let you pack different dishes in a single reusable container with no baggies, wraps, or disposable packaging.